Friday, March 21, 2008

The Resurrection and the Life

My apologies for having to share such private and personal news in such a public and impersonal way, but one of the few drawbacks of being blessed with so many good friends is that the task of trying to contact all of you individually is simply overwhelming. A few weeks ago I went to see my physician after waking up in the middle of the night and noticing that I was coughing up blood. A subsequent chest x-ray and other diagnostic testing revealed a malignant tumor approximately the size of a tennis ball in my right lung. Obviously, I would have much rather learned that I had just won the Powerball Jackpot, but the good news is that even though this cancer is relatively advanced, it can still be treated. And so I'm scheduled to begin my chemotherapy the week after Easter. I've also started a "cancer blog" at http://onedayisle.blogspot.com which I hope you will all take the time to visit and explore. And please leave your comments and good wishes. I look forward to hearing from you!

Tim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tim, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll be praying for strength and courage for you and hoping for a good outcome.

I hope you and your congregation have a wonderful Easter.

Chris

Lizard Eater said...

Tim, I'm so sorry. I really really hate this f...ing disease and am mad that you have it. How dare cancer!

It sounds like you have your sense of humor intact. Feed it well! :)

Lilylou said...

Gosh, Tim, I'm really sorry to hear the news, but I know you to be a guy who meets things head-on. You are in my prayers, dear man.

Christine Robinson said...

Bummer. But I'm glad you have so much support from family and friends. I hope you let your congregation take care of you some, too. I'll keep you in my prayers.

From a fellow minister-living-with-cancer...
(it's been 10 years for me this very week, actually, and believe it or not, even the good benefits of this fade.)

Christine Robinson

Anonymous said...

Goodness; I'm sorry this has happened to you, and I'm glad it's treatable. Wishing you well!

Anonymous said...

Tim
Best wishes to you...not an easy road. As you may remember, Phyllis Z has the end stages of lung cancer...and Ann's father (a long time smoker) got it in his late 60s....
You will lose weight...and think about life even more
John from "faux rural" city in the woods